Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Typical Rant of a Teenage Girl

I'm not a teenager anymore, obviously.

Sometime shortly after puberty but before college, everything became a bigger deal than it ever was before. At least on a social level, that is. What would once annoy me a little bit, suddenly became reason enough to kill myself. Ah, high school...

Most people leave that behind though, right? Most people let go of the drama and the gossip, don't they? I thought so, but even in my mid 20s I still see these things happening everywhere around me. At home, at work, at the gas station, at the bus stop, in my bowl of soup... people fight. And people are mean.

Person A (we'll call him Preston): "I like soup. I like soup more than anyone."
Person B (we'll call him Jimmy): "People don't like soup, you fucking moron!"
Preston: "Well, Jimmy, I happen to like soup just fine. It is warm and fills my belly."
Jimmy: "Ok, some people like soup, but they are stupid people. Plus, it is only warm sometimes and if it's just broth, it won't completely fill your belly."
Preston: "Fuck you! Soup is good!"
Jimmy: "Chicken soup is the worst!"
Preston: "Chicken soup is the only kind of soup there is, asswipe. Where do you get off talking about soup that way? You're such a dumb fuck!"
Jimmy: "Soup is disgusting and I hate it, just like I hate you."
Preston: "I hear soup is better in bowls. Why don't you try soup in a bowl before judging all soups?"
Jimmy: "Quit telling me what to do, fuck face!"
Preston: "But..."
Jimmy: "No. Fuck you. Soup is the worst thing ever, and my family has more money than yours and they all agree. So, Preston, you're wrong. Deal with it."

Its all the same fight over and over again, right? Geez. Why can't people just enjoy some damn soup?

No comments:

Post a Comment